Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Buzzards and Butterflies

Glorious weather today enticed me to find the cross country route to Pentyrch from home.

Accompanied by soaring Buzzards and constant birdsong.I had glimpses of two Butterflies, the first I've seen this year, but the brief glimpse was not enough to identify them.

Passed large clumps of Primroses, abundant Celandines and a few Violets.

Crossed a large field with gambling newborn Lambs and wonderful views of the Garth across the valley and eventually entered Pentyrch.

I headed for the Lewis Arms to quench my thirst which was when the realization hit me that my pockets were empty!

A great walk which I intend repeating, but next time with some cash in my pocket!


Phill Blanning

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phill

    So with retirement comes some welcome and well earned freedom...

    And maybe a little forgetfulness

    Regards
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment will go to moderation and will be reviewed before it is published

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...